Friday, July 26, 2013

MONOCHROMATIC SERIES: Class Act

 Hallelujah! The sun finally came out today! Welcome to another series of Monochromatic OOTD! I'm loving the classic colours, and there's a million and one ways to style black and whites! Click MORE to see the rest of the images!




(White sheer-sleeve blouse, ASOS black bustier with baroque details, Zara skort, JC Devina Heels)

The sheer-sleeve blouse is one of my favourite and most economical buys ever! Quick tip: if you're struggling with the decision of purchasing an item, just weigh up the price and the amount of times you can see yourself wearing it. That's how i justify buying something these days: being a college student, as you all know from my constant rants, means that you have to be so careful with your money! Anyway, this blouse was $10 AUD and I've already worn it to meetings and dinners, so so far it's been such a good investment!

SPEAKING OF investments, I know you're all probably sick of seeing these Jeffrey Campbells huh!? I'm sorry, but they are honestly such comfy heels that are also incredibly head-turning! You won't believe how many compliments I get every time I wear them out. 

Finally, the bustier is one of my most well-loved item. It is so easy to dress it up or down, depending on the event. For this look, I didn't want to reveal too much skin for a girlfriend's birthday dinner (especially since it was a family event!) so I threw it over the white blouse for a completely revamped take on the classical white two-piece suites!

I have seen the white skort sported by every fashionista--and then some. Still, it never hurts to purchase a staple especially as it is literally one of the most versatile pieces I own! The problem is, and this is honestly not a blow-my-own-horn kind of post, I seem to have lost quite a bit of weight around my waist-line. (Confession: I actually had to use a few safety pins to cinch in the waist sections, until A. NG suggested that I just clip the back of the skort so that it didn't keep slipping!).

It's ironic that I'm just getting back into the swing of blogging when college starts next week! Of course I will try my best to at least post two or three times a week even when classes begin again, but please bare with me as Melbourne's weather hasn't been exactly a walk in the park.


For now, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend wherever you may be!

(P.S: The tabby darling in my pictures is so adorable! After initially being wary of us, he finally came over and started to photo-bomb all the pictures!)



Love,
Vk

No comments:

Post a Comment