Sunday, July 19, 2015

Breathing through the finer details

 (PHOTOS: V. NG)

An update this freezing Sunday morning, amidst looming assessment dates and the risk of a total burn out from work. But it's not always bad news.

Yesterday Melbourne actually graced us with a rare sight; perfectly blue skies, and a sun that felt warm against the skin.

Am reminded to actually take a breath and acknowledge that sometimes, the bigger picture is exhausting and that the finer details is the only thing that keeps me going.




Perhaps still not quite winter-appropriate (I can feel the lover's cringe when he saw what I wore), but winter's heavy jackets and faux-fur lined vests are weighing me down. Had to take advantage of the sunshine, even if only for a quick minute.

This lace kimono is everything, and makes every path an imagined catwalk. Paired it with these mermaid-esque shorts (Missguided) and a delicate back-detailed top to complete my usual black uniform.These days, I'm rarely seen in anything but these staple Windsor Smith boots that have irrevocably replaced my irreplaceable Tony Bianco ones (same ones I crossed through Asia with, bless). What is it about a detail-orientated outfit that just feels like a sigh of relief for me in this crummy weather? Who knows the science behind it. All I know is that it feels like a breath of fresh air from the stale routine these past few weeks.

Ready and willing to battle it out again.

P.S: Shout out to the ones studying and working full-time: take a moment to breath, and don't worry if that moment spans hours or days at a time. Your mental and physical health should take precedence above all else. If wearing a cute outfit or not getting out of bed for 16 hours helps, do it. Do anything and everything to make yourself feel better. I have the utmost faith that you'll kick every day's ass when you're ready to.


Love,
Vk

No comments:

Post a Comment