Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sunburnt paradise


I haven't had a chance to go through all the photos from my island-hopping trip in Thailand, but here's a glance and a glimpse into the amazing villa we stayed at in Phuket.
.
Cue sunburnt outfits and sandy-fused hair.



Top & Skirt: Mura Boutique
Sandals: ASOS
Jewelry: Lovisa

Burnt terracotta might trigger a few raised eyebrows, but orange just doesn't quite do the colour justice. (Or god forbid, blood orange?). I couldn't wait to wear this two piece ever since I saw it, and there is a fresh sigh of relief when one can wear a two-piece separately. 

Phuket is as beautiful as I had left it last, and it was like rediscovering a favourite memory I had forgotten. After years of coming here for sporadic sunkissed visits, this place still managed to surprise me and then some. I spent days on end amongst gorgeous villas perched on steep mountaintops, drinking in the sights of the island like some sort of firey-haired god. Bustling streets filled with every taste and colour and the odd kiss of provincial rain now and then brought with it a calming relief.

The short trip was much-needed.


Travel diary up in a few days once I manage to wade through the masses of emails and assessments that have been impatiently waiting for me. Shudder.

October is decked out in every event imaginable. Quietly grateful for the coming long weekend, nevertheless.

Love,
Vk

No comments:

Post a Comment